5 things you should know about corporate relocationJuly 4, 2018
We have prepared this relocation checklist in order to make your move easier and stress-free.
Step 1: Planning
Moving is a complex task and in order to avoid the stress, start organizing your relocation at least two months in advance.
- Make a moving checklist;
- Contact your relocation company
- Dispose of frozen food and items that you will not be taking with you
- Make a list of the belongings you will be taking with you
Step 2: Preparations
- Get to know the country you are moving into.
- Start reading local news;
- Start collecting all your documents and papers – doctor records, motor vehicle registration and licence, lawyer and accountant papers;
- Share with your friends, family, colleagues and everyone that needs to know about the relocation
- Contact utility companies to disconnect from their services.
Step 3: Packing and Moving
- Create a separate moving checklist for the moving day in order to get everything in place.
- Close the accounts that you will not be using;
- Pack everything that you will be taking with you and mark the contents of each box;
- Separate the things that you will be using on the moving day;
- Contact you relocation agent and notify them of any changes and difficulties.
If you found this article useful you can check our blog for more information on relocation, moving and living in Sofia, or you can contact us and we will be happy to assist you in making this important step in your life. Learn more about the services that we provide here.